Voice participate in joint pay negotiations throughout the UK on behalf of our members.
Joint Advice on School Teachers’ Pay 2019-20
Pay for teachers in England is published by the Government has following consideration of the recommendations of the School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB). 2019-20 proposals have now been published and are accessible below along with other related reference materials.
- Joint advice on the application of the proposed changes 2019-20
- Teacher Pay Scales 2019-20
- Headteacher Pay Scales 2019-20
- School teachers' pay and conditions document (STPCD)
- The updated DfE pay advice to schools
Pay for teachers in Scotland is determined by the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers (SNCT). The SNCT is a tripartite body, comprising members from teaching unions, the employers' side (local authorities), and the Scottish Government.
Teachers’ pay in Wales is now devolved to Wales, and is no longer determined by the UK Government. Wales has its own Independent Welsh Pay Review Body that makes recommendations on teachers’ pay and conditions to the Welsh Government. The Welsh Government then decides whether to implement those recommendations. The STPC(W)D 2019/20 is the first such document using this newly devolved power.
- Written Statement: Teachers’ Pay Award 2019
- School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions (Wales) Document 2019 and guidance on school teachers’ pay and conditions
- WLGA advice to local authorities for implementing pay scales including WLGA recommended pay scales
- Joint union advice on 2019-20 pay scales
Northern Ireland Teachers
Teachers' Negotiating Committee
At a meeting of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee on Tuesday 28 April 2020, Management Side and the Northern Ireland Teachers’ Council formally ratified an agreement to resolve the long-running industrial dispute of teachers’ pay and workload:
- Joint statement - Teachers' Negotiating Committee - 28 April 2020 (pdf)
- Agreement on Teachers' Pay and Workload (pdf)