Voice Community participates in joint pay negotiations throughout the UK on behalf of our members.
Joint Advice on School Teachers’ Pay
Pay for teachers in England is published by the Government following consideration of the recommendations of the School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB).
- Joint Union Advice on School Teachers’ Pay in England 2021-22 and pay scales (September 2021)
- School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD)
- DfE pay advice to schools
- School Teachers’ Review Body 31st report: 2021
- Joint advice on the application of the proposed changes 2020-21
- Teacher Pay Scales 2020-21
- Headteacher Pay Scales 2020-21
Pay for teachers in Scotland is determined by the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers (SNCT). The SNCT is a tripartite body, comprising members from teaching unions, the employers' side (local authorities), and the Scottish Government.
Teachers’ pay in Wales is now devolved to Wales, and is no longer determined by the UK Government. Wales has its own Independent Welsh Pay Review Body that makes recommendations on teachers’ pay and conditions to the Welsh Government. The Welsh Government then decides whether to implement those recommendations. The STPC(W)D 2019/20 is the first such document using this newly devolved power.
- School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions (Wales) Document 2021 and guidance on school teachers’ pay and conditions (September 2021)
- Written Statement: Report and recommendations from the Independent Welsh Pay Review Body (IWPRB) (11 June 2021) Cabinet statement
- Update on Teachers' Pay Award 2021
Northern Ireland Teachers
Teachers' Pay (DENI):
Teachers' Negotiating Committee
Minister welcomes progress on teachers’ pay negotiations 02 March 2021
Progress on Teachers' pay negotiations
At a meeting of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee on Tuesday 28 April 2020, Management Side and the Northern Ireland Teachers’ Council formally ratified an agreement to resolve the long-running industrial dispute of teachers’ pay and workload: