Voice participate in joint pay negotiations throughout the UK on behalf of our members.
Joint Advice on School Teachers’ Pay 2020-21
Pay for teachers in England is published by the Government has following consideration of the recommendations of the School Teachers’ Review Body (STRB). 2019-20 proposals have now been published and are accessible below along with other related reference materials.
- Joint advice on the application of the proposed changes 2020-21
- Teacher Pay Scales 2020-21
- Headteacher Pay Scales 2020-21
- School teachers' pay and conditions document (STPCD)
- The updated DfE pay advice to schools
Pay for teachers in Scotland is determined by the Scottish Negotiating Committee for Teachers (SNCT). The SNCT is a tripartite body, comprising members from teaching unions, the employers' side (local authorities), and the Scottish Government.
Teachers’ pay in Wales is now devolved to Wales, and is no longer determined by the UK Government. Wales has its own Independent Welsh Pay Review Body that makes recommendations on teachers’ pay and conditions to the Welsh Government. The Welsh Government then decides whether to implement those recommendations. The STPC(W)D 2019/20 is the first such document using this newly devolved power.
- School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions (Wales) Document 2020 and guidance on school teachers’ pay and conditions (October 2020)
- Written Statement: Teachers’ Pay Award 2020 Cabinet statement,
- Update on Teachers' Pay Award 2020 (August 2020)
Northern Ireland Teachers
Teachers' Negotiating Committee
Minister welcomes progress on teachers’ pay negotiations 02 March 2021
Progress on Teachers' pay negotiations
At a meeting of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee on Tuesday 28 April 2020, Management Side and the Northern Ireland Teachers’ Council formally ratified an agreement to resolve the long-running industrial dispute of teachers’ pay and workload: