Voice Cymru Conference 2018
The Challenges of Change
We had a wonderful day on Saturday 21 April 2018 at the Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, where we were joined by delegates, three exhibitors and seven speakers.
Highlights included an update from Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet Secretary for Education, on the changes to education being developed in Wales to ensure we're offering students skills they'll need for the future.
We were then joined by Liz Stanton from Get Safe Online for some really useful insights into online issues that affect members and young people in schools.
Delegates then had the chance to take part in various workshops.
G2G: Interactive Learning offered a session on technology that can be used with tots to teens to encourage more excitement and participation in STEAM subjects.
What About Me? Training gave delegates insights into why challenging students demonstrate that behaviour and what they can do as practitioners to address the behaviour and help the student.
Sally Holland, the Children’s Commissioner for Wales, ran a session on the three Ps of children and young people’s rights.
Finally, we offered delegates a workshop designed to help them understand the importance of good vocal care. This session focused not only on insights into the issues faced by educators using their voice all day, every day, but also included some great exercises they can do to help strengthen and maintain this valuable tool.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in this year’s conference and we hope to see them all again before long.
- Get Safe Online – Get Switched On: How to protect yourself and others online (Welsh Translation)
- Children’s Commissioner for Wales – The Three Ps
- What About Me? Training – The Challenges Children Face (Welsh Translation)
- G2G: Interactive learning – The Challenges of Tots to Teens Learning Through Technology
- Cardiff Voice Skills – Vocal Care for Educators (Welsh Translation)
Speakers' websites – for more information and contact details:
- Kirsty Williams AM
- Get Safe Online
- Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- What About Me? Training
- G2G: Interactive learning
- Cardiff Voice Skills