Get off to a strong start in your new career with the help of this guide that Voice has created to help guide you through your first year or two of employment. Some of this guide contains key elements you should know about your rights and responsibilities in the workplace, other parts are comprised of tips and advice we hope will help make your experience more enjoyable and productive.
- Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Probation Period
- Your Newly Qualified Teacher Entitlement*
- Workplace Policies
- Cyber Caution
- Time Management
- Looking After Yourself – Your Best Asset is You!
- Quiet Please – Voice Care
- Your Duty of Care
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Surviving Your First Inspection
- Saying ‘No’ to Your Employer
- Workplace Colleagues
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Professional Bodies
- Voice Contacts
*content specific to newly qualified teachers only.