Our ‘Getting Started: Finding a job’ booklet has been designed to offer you some tips and suggestions to help you feel confident in your job hunt.
Voice want to help you secure the right job for you, so we’ve included content that we hope will help your narrow down your search criteria, help you apply and prepare for your interview as well as some advice on how to proceed when you’re offered a job and as you prepare to start work.
- Types of Employers – free schools, local authority, academies etc.;
- Applying for a Job – where to look and what to be sure to include in your application;
- Interview Tips – how to prepare and what to take with you;
- Receiving a Job Offer – what you need to know before you say yes;
- Temporary and Fixed-term Contracts – is this the right choice for you?;
- Your Induction – know what your first year will involve;
- Cyber Caution – make sure your profiles are safe and secure; and
- Contacts – teaching council and Voice contacts.